One Fine Stooge

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

One Fine Stooge

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 pm

If you have not yet read Steve Cox and Jim Terry's book ONE FINE STOOGE: LARRY FINE'S FRIZZY LIFE IN PICTURES, do so without hesitation. This is by far one of the most thoroughly researched and beautifully executed Stooge books currently available. It is loaded with great photos and innumerable previously unknown facts (with some small contributions from yours truly) which the authors present without pulling any punches. This is a splendid work which artfully captures everything missed by James Carone's error riddled STROKE OF LUCK (1973) -- a book with which Larry Fine was not at all pleased.

ONE FINE STOOGE is everything that a Three Stooges fan could ever possibly want or need.

-- Paul E. Gierucki

http://www.amazon.com/One-Fine-Stooge-F ... 1581823630

GreggyMark
Cugine

Re: One Fine Stooge

Postby GreggyMark » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:58 am

I loved the book!

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 am

I couldn't agree more...A STROKE OF LUCK is a fiasco on so many level, this book more than makes up for it with literally hundreds of pictures, a wealth of new information, and a respectful tone that's missing from other books that highlight the triumphs and tragedies of the team. Just tremendous.

Another book I quite like is STOOGES AMONG US, a delightful series of very human profiles on the retired Stooges. You can't read it without wishing that Moe and Larry did their own version of THE SUNSHINE BOYS.
http://www.amazon.com/Stooges-Among-Us- ... 357&sr=8-1

Chris

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Chris--allow me translate your statement into Stroke of Luck grammar:

I, couldn't agree, more,...A STROKE OF LUCK, is a fiasco, on so many level, this book, more than makes up, for it, with literally, hundreds, of pictures, a wealth, of new, information, and, a respectful tone, that's missing, from other, books, that highlight, the triumphs, and, tragedies, of the team. Just, tremendous.

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Brent, I hate, to, be a stickler, but, there should be, two comma's,, after "information,,"

Jim Kerkhoff
Capo

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Aw, come on Chris! Cut Brent a break! That's a comma mistake!

Jim K