Lehrman's WET AND WARMER

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Lehrman's WET AND WARMER

Postby Thomas Reeder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 am

Does anyone out there have by some remote chance a copy of this film? It's one of the few Lehrman efforts that I have yet to see, and would be extremely helpful if I could view a copy. It wouldn't matter how "rough" a print it was, or if it was overprinted by timings or whatever. Failing at that, is anyone aware of an upcoming showing closer to the East Coast? I know that there's a copy held at UCLA, but that's not very convenient since I reside in NJ and a trip out to the West Coast is not in the cards for the rest of the year due to work commitments.

My book on Lehrman is due to BearManor Media in May 2016, so I'd love to be able to write about this film from personal viewing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom Reeder

Tommie Hicks
Capo

Re: Lehrman's WET AND WARMER

Postby Tommie Hicks » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:20 am

I wish I could help you with that. I posted because I wish to relate to you that this was shown at one of the Slapsticons. The titles of the print were out of focus, unfortunately. However this film would be among the top three laugh getters of all the films I saw at the Slapsticons.

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't learn of Slapsticon until a year or two later, and was fortunate enough to catch Lehrman's HUNGRY LIONS IN A HOSPITAL. My loss, alas.

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:24 am

Thomas Reeder wrote:
My book on Lehrman is due to BearManor Media in May 2016, so I'd love to be able to write about this film from personal viewing. Any help would be much appreciated.

I know this isn't very helpful, but I cannot wait for that book.

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for those encouraging words, Joe. I'm pleased to know that there is actually one person out there who will be interested in it!

Jim Kerkhoff
Capo

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:55 pm

I have a lobby card from "Wet and Warmer", a scan of which is in your future Tom! It's got Heine Conkline and Albert Ray in the scene.

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm looking forward to it, Jim! Thanks!