THE BOY FRIEND (1928) with Max Davidson

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Bruce Calvert
Associate

THE BOY FRIEND (1928) with Max Davidson

Postby Bruce Calvert » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:29 pm

I just acquired this great still of Max Davidson and Fay Holderness in The Boy Friend (1928). Can anybody identify the guy in the middle? Other men listed in the cast are Gordon Elliott (Bill Elliott), George B. French, Thomas Benton Roberts, and Charley Young.

Dino Everett
Associate

Re: THE BOY FRIEND (1928) with Max Davidson

Postby Dino Everett » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:00 am

I don't remember an ice delivery scene in the Boyfriend?

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I haven't seen The Boy Friend, but Dino brings up a good point, re "the iceman": Could this be a scene from What Every Iceman Knows?
Don't have a still number & title list to search and compare to, but I did have a glass slide years ago for Davidson's Iceman.
Sorry to digress from the question, Bruce, but I don't recognize (don't see enough of his face) the iceman playing Tiny Sanford (or Sandford).

SteveR

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Steve Rydzewski wrote:I haven't seen The Boy Friend, but Dino brings up a good point, re "the iceman": Could this be a scene from What Every Iceman Knows?
Don't have a still number & title list to search and compare to, but I did have a glass slide years ago for Davidson's Iceman.
Sorry to digress from the question, Bruce, but I don't recognize (don't see enough of his face) the iceman playing Tiny Sanford (or Sandford).

SteveR

No, the still is definitely from THE BOYFRIEND, the still code indicates D-13, which was the original number the short was allocated, then changed to S-13 when Roach cancelled the Davidson series and moved this short and the others Davidson appeared into the All-Star series.

I've got a copy of THE BOYFRIEND, will look at it and refresh my memory, but I don't remember the iceman being in it either.

RICHARD M ROBERTS