More Educational Pressbooks (including Billy Dooley)

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Rob Stone
Associate

More Educational Pressbooks (including Billy Dooley)

Postby Rob Stone » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

Hey all,

Just posted a few more pressbooks on the aljoyfanclub.blogspot.com site. I moved everything off my treborenots.blogspot.com site onto the one dedicated to that great comedian Al Joy. Laurel or Hardy stuff is still on laurelorhardy.blogspot.com. Decided to make treborenots.blogspot.com a little less film focused... although you may see something about a drama or a western there.

Rob

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: More Educational Pressbooks (including Billy Dooley)

Postby Louie Despres » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:18 am

Rob,
Nice collection! What size are the Educational pressbooks?

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Great stuff Rob! Sounds like we'll all have to look into this Elmer Redmond fellow. And I'm glad you jumped on the aljoyfanclub domain in blogspot, before somebody hijacked it and tried to charge you $20,000 to get it. I will add a link to the new site from my blog, once I finally get around to adding links (which I desperately need to do).

Jim Kerkhoff
Capo

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

... and do you think there is a possibility of an Al Joy DVD set being released in the near future? I only hope LOC is placing this comedy genius' body of work at the top of its preservation list. Thanks for posting all the interesting stuff. And don't throw your back out shoveling all the snow down your way. Remember - lift with your legs, not with your back.

Jim K

Rob Stone
Associate

Postby Rob Stone » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Funny you mention preserving Al Joy. I may have already mentioned this, so please excuse the lack of short term memory, but BOTH the Library of Congress and UCLA have prints of the "classic" Al Joy comedy THE HELPLESS HELPER. Do we have HATS OFF, no. LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT, certainly not. And yet two, count 'em TWO, copies of this masterpiece are still around. Goes to show how twisted fate can be!!

Rob

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 am

Rob Stone wrote:Funny you mention preserving Al Joy. I may have already mentioned this, so please excuse the lack of short term memory, but BOTH the Library of Congress and UCLA have prints of the "classic" Al Joy comedy THE HELPLESS HELPER. Do we have HATS OFF, no. LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT, certainly not. And yet two, count 'em TWO, copies of this masterpiece are still around. Goes to show how twisted fate can be!!

Rob

Yes, but is either print actually preserved? Because if LOC has a safety print, I can take the funding for the film's preservation out of my will as my final revenge on the World.

RICHARD M ROBERTS