Our Gang "The Old Wallop"

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Geoff Lucas
Cugine

Our Gang "The Old Wallop"

Postby Geoff Lucas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey all,

I recently purchased a 9.5mm French print of the "lost" Our Gang MGM silent "The Old Wallop". I received it today and I'm guessing that it's not the complete film, as it's only about 90m of film on the reel. I haven't viewed it yet, as I don't have a 9.5mm projector. I've read about the film and I understand that a print was found years ago. I was disappointed to find that it wasn't included on the recent Kinowelt German DVD set. I'm wondering if anyone here knows if the film has been preserved or what the availability of it is.

Thanks!

David B Pearson
Capo

Re: Our Gang "The Old Wallop"

Postby David B Pearson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 am

Geoff Lucas wrote:Hey all,

I recently purchased a 9.5mm French print of the "lost" Our Gang MGM silent "The Old Wallop". I received it today and I'm guessing that it's not the complete film, as it's only about 90m of film on the reel. I haven't viewed it yet, as I don't have a 9.5mm projector. I've read about the film and I understand that a print was found years ago. I was disappointed to find that it wasn't included on the recent Kinowelt German DVD set. I'm wondering if anyone here knows if the film has been preserved or what the availability of it is.

Thanks!

Well, the math of it is about twelve and a half minutes, so you are missing something.

Maltin & Bann have in listed as lost as of 1992.