Richardson, TX: THAT'S MY WIFE (1929), GET OUT AND GET UNDER

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Bruce Calvert
Associate

Richardson, TX: THAT'S MY WIFE (1929), GET OUT AND GET UNDER

Postby Bruce Calvert » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 pm

http://www.fumcr.com/files/Senior_Adult_Gazette.pdf

Silent Movies - They’re Back!

Sunday, 1/23, at 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall

$5 per person, $10.00 for family. Tickets sales in Bartula Family Center Sundays and church office during the week. Soft drinks, popcorn and candy will be provided. Michael Maternowski, a music student at UNT, will be providing the accompaniment again.

Three great classics -

That’s My Wife (1929) with Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, and Vivien Oakland. Directed by Lloyd French. Ollie’s wife gets tired of him spending more time with Stan than her, so she walks out of the house. Unfortunately, Ollie’s rich Uncle Bernard is about to visit and he is expecting Ollie to be happily married. Stan gets conned into dressing up as Mrs. Hardy, and the three have an eventful dinner together at a nightclub!

Get Out and Get Under (1920) with Harold Lloyd, Mildred Davis, and Ernest ―Sunshine Sammy-- Mor-rison. Directed by Hal Roach. Harold is in an amateur theatrical show, but his car needs some work before he can get it moving down the street. When he finally gets it going, he as to avoid several motorcycle cops before he can make it to the show. Sammy Morrison is great as a small boy who helps Harold get his car repaired.

One Week (1920) with Buster Keaton, Sybil Seeley, and Big Joe Roberts. Directed by Buster Keaton and Edward Cline. Buster and Sybil are newly-weds. They receive a new house as a gift, but it comes as a kit and must be assembled. A rival suitor switches the box numbers, and the house turns out to be a wild mess. The disastrous house-warming is on Friday, the 13th. Finally, they discover that the house is on the wrong lot, and must be moved!

The First United Methodist Church, 503 N. Central, Richardson TX 75080
Phone 972.235.8385 E-mail: senioradult@yahoo.com

(Note: Forum members Bruce Calvert and Jim Reid will be presenting this show.)