More Roach shorts on TCM 6/9/10 (Wednesday)

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Robert Arkus
Capo

More Roach shorts on TCM 6/9/10 (Wednesday)

Postby Robert Arkus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 am

Hi All,

Just saw that they scheduled two shorts this coming Wednesday, June 9th;

2:09pm ET - Mr. Bride 1932 with Charley Chase and Del Henderson

5:33pm ET - Bring 'em Back a Wife 1933 with the Taxi Boys; Ben Blue and Billy Gilbert

They've already aired Mr. Bride, but I've never seen this Taxi Boys entry ... maybe it'll be one where I'll actually enjoy watching Ben Blue?? I'll certainly give it a try.

Here's a link:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?s ... =EST&cid=N

Richard Finegan

Re: More Roach shorts on TCM 6/9/10 (Wednesday)

Postby Richard Finegan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Rob. How's it going?

TCM did run "Bring 'Em Back a Wife" on Sept. 25, 2006.
They showed "Mr. Bride" on Jan. 21, 2007.
(Yes, I have been keeping a listing of every one of these Roach shorts run on TCM since the first, "Wild Babies" on June 10, 2006).

I hope you'll enjoy "Bring 'Em Back a Wife" even with Ben Blue, and be forewarned....in drag!

"Bring 'Em Back a Wife" is a treat for Geneva Mitchell fans, and a revelation to those who have enjoyed her acrobatic dancing in the 1935 Three Stooges short "Hoi Polloi" and wondered if she really could do that. As you can see in this short, yes she really could.

TCM is showing these two Roach shorts because the titles fit in with their theme for the day: all features about weddings, marriage and brides.

And don't miss the 1939 MGM one-reeler "Mendelssohn's Wedding March" on TCM at 7:38 P.M. (eastern) that night. VERNON DENT in Technicolor!