Flicker Alley - Laurel & Hardy: Year One - Blu-ray

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: Flicker Alley - Laurel & Hardy: Year One - Blu-ray

Postby Ed Watz » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:57 am

As much as I am looking forward to these beautiful restorations, I'm hoping that the obnoxious, ten-ton orchestration to THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY (found on the L&H Definitive Restorations set) is not repeated here. Talk about trying to be funnier than Laurel & Hardy!
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:46 am

Ed Watz wrote:As much as I am looking forward to these beautiful restorations, I'm hoping that the obnoxious, ten-ton orchestration to THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY (found on the L&H Definitive Restorations set) is not repeated here. Talk about trying to be funnier than Laurel & Hardy!

One bit of information (the ONLY piece of information) gleaned from a post on Nitrateville about this set is that it's the same over-the-top score used for THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY. (Here's a suggestion: one might try cobbling some GAC and WCK-style themes to play with BATTLE instead.)
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

William Ferry
Cugine

Postby William Ferry » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:04 pm

Pop Goes the Weasel!

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:05 pm

William Ferry wrote:Pop Goes the Weasel!

To quote The Boys, "That's a good idea!"