Super Secret Discount Code for Mack Sennett Vol. 1

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Rob Farr
Godfather

Super Secret Discount Code for Mack Sennett Vol. 1

Postby Rob Farr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 pm

You can't keep a secret from the mafia! From the Flicker Alley Website
SECRET DISCOUNT CODE
THE MACK SENNETT COLLECTION, VOL. ONE
SECRET DISCOUNT CODE FOR JULY IS:
JULY19

The Keystone Film Company, under the guidance of pioneering producer and director Mack Sennett, was the birthplace of classic American slapstick comedy. This historic studio was at one time home to a staggering number of silent screen luminaries including Mabel Normand, Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, Harold Lloyd, Gloria Swanson, Wallace Beery, Harry Langdon, Marie Dressler, Ben Turpin, The Keystone Cops, Ford Sterling, Charley Chase, Al St. John, Mack Swain, Edgar Kennedy, Billy Bevan, Louise Fazenda, Eddie Quillan, and countless others.

Even Hollywood icon Charlie Chaplin, still the world's most recognized actor, introduced his beloved Tramp character under the auspices of Keystone. Later, under the Mack Sennett Comedies banner, Sennett went on to produce a new generation of sound comedies, some in early color, featuring the likes of W.C. Fields, Bing Crosby, Lloyd Hamilton, Andy Clyde, and more.

These new editions have been painstakingly reconstructed by CineMuseum and Keystone Films using original 35mm nitrate, archival negatives, preservation materials, and sometimes the lone known surviving film print, from the collections of the Library of Congress, the Museum of Modern Art, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Blackhawk Films®, Lobster Films, the Richard M. Roberts Collection, Gierucki Studios, and dozens of privately held archives.

BONUS MATERIALS INCLUDE

Full Color Booklet: Filled with rare images, production information, restoration notes, and Keystone/Sennett player biographies.

New Music Scores: From silent film accompanists Philip Carli, Ben Model, Dennis Scott, Andrew Simpson, and Donald Sosin.

Commentary Tracks: From noted comedy historians Brent Walker, Steve Massa, Richard M. Roberts, Stan Taffel, Sam Gill, Paul Gierucki, and others.

Memorabilia Galleries: Featuring vintage lobby cards, glass slides, posters, scripts, studio photographs,The Mack Sennett Story by film historian Joe Adamson, and rare audio recordings.

Long Unseen Rarities: Newsreels, trailers, outtakes, Sennett-Color films, the dedication of the Mabel Normand soundstage, This Is Your Life Mack Sennett, and much more!

Use coupon code JULY19 for an additional 20% off our already marked-down price in our webstore — offer expires August 22, 2019!

Purchase Now
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

William Ferry
Cugine

Re: Super Secret Discount Code for Mack Sennett Vol. 1

Postby William Ferry » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm

For those of you who don't have it yet, I can't recommend it highly enough. Grab it now, it'll be fun prep work for the forthcoming Volume Two. The films look great, the scores are entertaining, and the commentaries are very worthwhile. I can't get over how the Sennett comedies improved from 1916 onward. I like the Pathe period best; I know they're more unreal than Roach, but the gags are plentiful and funny, and they really move. Besides, I always get a kick out of my son identifying the comics (Bevan, Clyde, Morgan, Richardson, etc.).