Classicflix Problems

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Karen Owen

Classicflix Problems

Postby Karen Owen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 pm

Are any of the Mafia members current or former customers of Classicflix DVD rentals?
I have been a member for about 10 years and would like to
continue to be a member. The company announced
operational changes in April (shown below). The last disc that I got came on
May 7 even though the queue says that it was mailed on April 9
and has still not been checked in even though I mailed it back shortly after
May 7. I have not had anything sent to me since.
Does anybody know if the company is still in business for disc rental?
There are messages on the Classicflix site community bulletin boards
from other customers saying that e-mails for support have not been answered.
Thanks for any information or advice.

Dear Classic Film & TV Fan,

Thank you to all who took part in our survey!

As a result of the feedback we received, we have decided to proceed with new operational changes as cited below:

All plans will have 1 shipment per month, with the exception of the $59.99 plan which gets 2
More discs will be sent per shipment
All shipments to be shipped first class parcel mail with tracking
Shipment day to be one day a week (Tuesdays)
Transition to new operations will take place toward the end of this month and commence no later than May 1st

While the great majority surveyed are in favor of these changes, we understand there are some who are not. But please know the reasons for doing this are to keep the business alive for as long as possible and to reduce “short waits” while improving the reliability of our shipments.

OTHER NOTES:

For any questions or comments (or for other support needs), please do not message us through our site as messages don’t always go through. Send all correspondence directly to support@classicflix.com
Upgrades and downgrades won’t take place until the next billing date
Broken or unplayable discs will not get replacements, but you will be credited a pro-rated amount upon request
There will likely be an initial availability crunch as we’ll be replenishing lost and damaged discs over the next couple of months, but you will see much greater availably of our titles soon after
As our inventory is shared by all members, please be conscientious to return your discs as soon as they are viewed so that availability will be increased for all members
Thank you for your love of classic film and TV and for supporting our service!

ENJOY!

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Classicflix Problems

Postby Rob Farr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 pm

I don't know any particulars about ClassicFlix, but I would imagine that a business of renting classic movies on DVD by mail to a dwindling number of subscribers would have to be a very hard model to sustain. The lag you experienced was probably due to their having to use Media Mail to keep overhead low.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx