Deep Discount Discounts All DVDs 40%

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Rob Farr
Godfather

Deep Discount Discounts All DVDs 40%

Postby Rob Farr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:15 am

In a departure from their usual semi-annual 25% off coupon code sale, www.deepdiscount.com is simply discounting everything by 40%. There will never be a better time to pick up those si-com sets you've been waiting on. Free shipping and no sales tax either.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Brent Walker
Capo

Re: Deep Discount Discounts All DVDs 40%

Postby Brent Walker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Rob Farr wrote:In a departure from their usual semi-annual 25% off coupon code sale, http://www.deepdiscount.com is simply discounting everything by 40%. There will never be a better time to pick up those si-com sets you've been waiting on. Free shipping and no sales tax either.

Actually, despite the "40%", this "Mega Sale" may not be as good a sale as their "Supersales", because they're talking about 40% off the retail price, rather than the usual 20-25% off their already discounted price (which worked out to about 58% off the retail price).

My comparison is, I just bought the Three Stooges Collection 1949-1951 in their August sale.
The retail price was $29.95, Deep Discount's regular price at the time was $19.88, and with the "secret" supersale code I got it for $14.91.

On the current sale, the same disc (and the 1952-54 one that just came out, and other Stooges) still retails for $29.95, but now the mega sale listed price is $17.97. Since there's no "secret code" this time, per their email, the listed price is 40% off, whereas before it was already 33% off retail for the normal price, then another 25% off for the supersale. That was a better deal.