Edgar Kennedy short THANKS AGAIN

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Ed Watz
Associate

Edgar Kennedy short THANKS AGAIN

Postby Ed Watz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:35 am

Can someone please tell me if Edgar Kennedy's RKO short THANKS AGAIN (1931) is located at LOC? I looked through their online database and couldn't find it, but the db seemed to be incomplete. Thanks in advance for your help.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Edgar Kennedy short THANKS AGAIN

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Ed Watz wrote:Can someone please tell me if Edgar Kennedy's RKO short THANKS AGAIN (1931) is located at LOC? I looked through their online database and couldn't find it, but the db seemed to be incomplete. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's there somewhere, but it didn't arrive for its Slapsticon showing.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks Richard -- sorry it didn't make Slapsticon - I've heard it's pretty funny.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Richard Finegan

Postby Richard Finegan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 am

Ed,
I viewed the LoC's 35mm print there about 5 or 6 years ago. It was later shown at Cinefest 30, on March 27, 2010 (I wrote the Program Booklet notes for it, having seen it and being familiar with it).

So, as Richard said, it's there somewhere. And, yes, it's a very funny one!

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Richard Finegan wrote:Ed,
I viewed the LoC's 35mm print there about 5 or 6 years ago. It was later shown at Cinefest 30, on March 27, 2010 (I wrote the Program Booklet notes for it, having seen it and being familiar with it).

So, as Richard said, it's there somewhere. And, yes, it's a very funny one!

Thanks, Rich! I knew it was listed in the AFI book of LOC holdings, but that was back in 1978. Old films have a habit of disappearing - or decomposing - good to know it's safe and in the same place.