MOLLY AND ME (1929) Joe E. Brown excerpt

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

MOLLY AND ME (1929) Joe E. Brown excerpt

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue May 12, 2020 11:44 pm

Here's a musical number with Joe E. Brown and Alberta Vaughn from a 1929 Tiffany-Stahl musical called MOLLY AND ME, which also starred Belle Bennett, who unfortunately does not appear in the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Q5eDNmFyw

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: MOLLY AND ME (1929) Joe E. Brown excerpt

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu May 14, 2020 5:16 am

Okay William Ferry, we know you're one of our frequent readers and we caught you making your "guess" yesterday over at Nitwitvile answering some nameless ones question as to what this film really was without copping to where you got that info, kinda tacky Ferry.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

William Ferry
Cugine

Postby William Ferry » Fri May 15, 2020 12:45 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:Okay William Ferry, we know you're one of our frequent readers and we caught you making your "guess" yesterday over at Nitwitvile answering some nameless ones question as to what this film really was without copping to where you got that info, kinda tacky Ferry.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

In my defense, Richard, I hadn't paid my daily visit here yet, so I was unaware that you had provided your usual expert answer (no sarcasm intended). My research - and it was actual research, not the unscrupulous practice of copying my neighbor's work - was cross-checking the Wikipedia entry for both Joe E. Brown and Alberta Vaughn. (Of course, the Nitratevillian could have done the same instead of merely posting the clip and expecting someone else to provide the answer. However, I enjoy film research, so I didn't mind doing the heavy lifting).

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri May 15, 2020 2:55 am

Fair enough William, I didn't think you were really one to pull that kind of a stunt, sometimes like minds parallel research to a same conclusion.

RICHARD M ROBERTS