STUDIO SAP (1931) Chester Conklin, Leo White

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Ed Watz
Associate

STUDIO SAP (1931) Chester Conklin, Leo White

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 am

A Phil Ryan/Paramount short directed by Frank Griffin. With Chester Conklin, Stanley Blystone, Leo White and Hazel Howell. Found this morning on a 40 year-old vhs tape so your mileage may vary!

https://youtu.be/E-vzkezn4cc
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: STUDIO SAP (1931) Chester Conklin, Leo White

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks Ed. What software/hardware do you use to do VHS-MP4 transfers? I must have an older software because all my VHS transfers emerge as MP2’s, which are ginormous. I could do VHS-DVD—MP4, but that’ll take forever.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: STUDIO SAP (1931) Chester Conklin, Leo White

Postby Ed Watz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:28 am

Rob Farr wrote:Thanks Ed. What software/hardware do you use to do VHS-MP4 transfers? I must have an older software because all my VHS transfers emerge as MP2’s, which are ginormous. I could do VHS-DVD—MP4, but that’ll take forever.

Hi Rob, I'm using the old analog method -- a no-frills Sony VHS player connected to a Pioneer DVD player/recorder. Recorded in real-time and with finalization, it took about 25 minutes to create the DVD. The rest was easy and faster - inserting the DVD into the Mac and uploaded to YouTube.

In the past I've tried all kinds of video software for transfers but it seems that each program handles one task well - but everything else - meh. Either the sync would be off or there's a garish video enhancement I can't override. So I'm sticking with the old-fashioned method for now. I have a few cartons of old tapes, and most of the labels have fallen off. I'll see what else might be hiding on them that YouTube hasn't already gifted to the Free World.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)