Movie-Town

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
RogerCarpenter

Movie-Town

Postby RogerCarpenter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:18 am

A question please for Paul Gierucki. Is there any chance that you might be planning to include the elusive Movie-Town in Volume 2 of the Mack Sennett Collection? On the strength of Brent Walker's comments in Fun Factory I've long wanted to see this intriguing one-off with its celebrities in cameo appearances playing themselves, including Sennett's own contribution, not to mention the surreal gag which uses the two-strip Sennett-Color process to turn a red dress green.

Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Re: Movie-Town

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Roger,

There is a project, being produced overseas, which encompasses all of the surviving Sennett-Color shorts. We will post details here as they become available!

Paul

RogerCarpenter

Postby RogerCarpenter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Many thanks for the info, Paul,

I'll look forward eagerly to further news. Meanwhile of course it goes without saying that the same applies to that Vol.2 of THE Collection itself!

Roger

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 pm

MOVIETOWN did come out on video years ago, I have a copy of it somewhere, but here's some excerpts to whet your appetite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzstfnCZ6b4

RICHARD M ROBERTS

RogerCarpenter

Postby RogerCarpenter » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks for the taster youtube link, Richard. It sure is amazing what you can find there if you look hard enough.

The red to green dress gag is a hoot.

Roger