Laurel & Hardy Creative Journalism

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Tommie Hicks
Capo

Laurel & Hardy Creative Journalism

Postby Tommie Hicks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:56 pm

I coulda swore there was a post that quoted Stan Laurel in France 1950 about the rough treatment Harry Langdon recieved by Hollywood. When I put Stan Laurel, Harry Langdon, France, Atoll K, the search turned up nothing.

Anyhoo, if you can remember the gist of the post it was about how the French print media fudged a lot to make the article interesting. The following article on L&H is from the US in 1933 where the same thing was being done. This is from a Photoplay article that came out around the time of FRA DIAVOLO as a picture I did not reproduce here is from the film. Pardon my teen-age annotation on this. If this article is taken literally it seems amazing that neither Mr. Laurel or Mr. Hardy committed suicide before 1927.

Chris Seguin

Re: Laurel & Hardy Creative Journalism

Postby Chris Seguin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Great stuff Tommie, thanks for posting. Btw, can you send me a PM letting me know how to post JPEGs? I guess I have to go to photobucket or flickr, yes? I want to post the French interview where Laurel mentions Langdon. (I did post the English translation around here somewhere...!)
Chris