NEAT AND TIDY (1930) Monty Banks Directed Comedy Short

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
David Denton
Capo

NEAT AND TIDY (1930) Monty Banks Directed Comedy Short

Postby David Denton » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 pm

A nice British short directed by Monty Banks. I know some of you have seen it, but I hadn't. Interesting to see all of the same old routines from a British slant (sure Banks had something to do with that). I believe it's Billie (Billy) Reeves' last film and only British one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8cZ79yMWbQ

sorry meant for this to be Sound Comedy

David Denton
Capo

Re: NEAT AND TIDY (1930) Monty Banks Directed Comedy Short

Postby David Denton » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 am

Apologies, Richard. I just saw that you already posted this a little while back. I had checked under the title, not Reeves.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: NEAT AND TIDY (1930) Monty Banks Directed Comedy Short

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:04 am

David Denton wrote:Apologies, Richard. I just saw that you already posted this a little while back. I had checked under the title, not Reeves.

Ah well, doesn't hurt to have it filed under both. It's a fun little short which I believe was originally titled THE JERRY-BUILDERS in Britain, and it takes on virtually every Music Hall Builder gag one can think of, and preserves a few Variety performers who ain't on film otherwise, including Billie Reeves in sound.

BTW, both NEAT AND TIDY and HIGH TONED were originally preserved by Gary Lacher from 16mm Pathe home sound-on-disc prints that came from the Collection of Rudy Zvarich. Gary transferred the prints then synchronized the original discs.

RICHARD M ROBERTS