Greenbriar Picture Shows thumbs ups SMILEAGE GUARANTEED

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Greenbriar Picture Shows thumbs ups SMILEAGE GUARANTEED

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am

More nice words about the book from John McElwee’s not-to be-missed Greenbriar Picture Shows:

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot. ... -road.html

Worth a look just for a nice still from Charley Chase’s SOMETHING SIMPLE (1934), a yummy swimsuit shot of Viola Richard, and a new Charley Chase personal appearance ad and publicity pic.

Thanks again John, and this sounds like a good place for me to once again plug John’s great book SHOWMEN SELL IT HOT, which we unveiled along with my book at the Columbus Cinevent last May:

http://www.amazon.com/Showmen-Sell-Hot- ... hn+McElwee

John’s book is a great Christmas Gift for yourself or any film buff you happen to know. Beautifully written, lavishly illustrated, darn informative and entertaining look at the Hollywood Film Industry through the eyes of the Exhibitor. Go out and buy it now!

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Greenbriar Picture Shows thumbs ups SMILEAGE GUARANTEED

Postby Gary Johnson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:35 pm

I stop by his Website every day just to look at the pics he has posted for the day.
And they are all from his collection, are they not? He always credits the original owner when they are not.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Greenbriar Picture Shows thumbs ups SMILEAGE GUARANTEED

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:I stop by his Website every day just to look at the pics he has posted for the day.
And they are all from his collection, are they not? He always credits the original owner when they are not.

Yep, he has a fabulous collection of material which he generously shares on Greenbriar Picture Shows.

RICHARD M ROBERTS