Much More Dunn (aka Bobby Dunn II)...

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
DaveGlass

Much More Dunn (aka Bobby Dunn II)...

Postby DaveGlass » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Yep, some more unidentified clips of the Dunn-meister...

First of all, some more found footage to add to the first two clips posted (unidentified #1b and #2b)
and then Bobby gets involved in a kidnap caper and becomes a waiter.

Is Bobby done?
Will his clips ever get identified?
Only time will tell...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj2dPzt ... jPQ/videos

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Much More Dunn (aka Bobby Dunn II)...

Postby Gary Johnson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Who's uncovering all these clips? The British Film Institute? Cockney flea market scavengers? You your self Mr. Glass?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 am

Gary Johnson wrote:Who's uncovering all these clips? The British Film Institute? Cockney flea market scavengers? You your self Mr. Glass?

The Bobby Dunn Arrow Mirthquakes have had a great survival rate, like many independent short comedies made by companies that went out of business quick and cared not about prints being returned to exchanges. Theres a lot of Bobby Dunn footage to be found in COMEDY CAPERS, FUNNY MANNS and LAFF-A-BITS episodes. However, they all have been retitled and as the original titles were extremely generic in the first place, and they weren't that well reviewed in the trades at the time, it has been a bit more difficult to figure out which ones are which. the Billy West Arrow comedies have suffered a similar fate.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 am

Hi guys
The UNIDENTIFIED BOBBY DUNN No.s 2, 2b, and 3 are from NO DANGER ('23). Moma has a complete print in their collection which Ben Model and I have been trying to fit it into one of our CRUEL AND UNUSUAL COMEDY shows as it a great short (hopefully the next edition). The daughter of the blasting powder plant owner who gets kidnapped is Ruth Hiatt, Glen Cavender plays the cop and the head of the bad guys at the powder plant, and Art Rowlands is the tall and skinny thug.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 am

Steve Massa wrote:Hi guys
The UNIDENTIFIED BOBBY DUNN No.s 2, 2b, and 3 are from NO DANGER ('23). Moma has a complete print in their collection which Ben Model and I have been trying to fit it into one of our CRUEL AND UNUSUAL COMEDY shows as it a great short (hopefully the next edition). The daughter of the blasting powder plant owner who gets kidnapped is Ruth Hiatt, Glen Cavender plays the cop and the head of the bad guys at the powder plant, and Art Rowlands is the tall and skinny thug.

Atta Boy Steve! Having complete prints somewhere is the best way to uncover the correct titles on these Dunns. I have prints of FAST MAIL-MAN, HOT FOOT, ALL IS LOST, and OUR ALLEY, so I can rule those out.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 am

Great! Thanks Steve.
You've been crowned the King of Comedy!
It's funny but I'd considered it being NO DANGER, but discounted it as IMDB said George Rowe was in it... but then again IMDB say a lot of things...
Maybe he was hiding behind a barrel.
I've stitched the three clips together and re-uploaded as a semi-complete film...

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:51 am

I've managed to unearth the Bobby Dunn film called THIS WAY OUT which contains the "unidentified" clips #1 and #1b.
I've uploaded the complete film for all us completists out there...
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj2dPzt ... jPQ/videos