Slapsticon 2013 Nearly a Month Away!

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Slapsticon 2013 Nearly a Month Away!

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 am

Hey Gang,

As we pack our bags and head out the door to Cinevent, just a reminder that Slapsticon 2013 is just around the corner:

Things are indeed getting exiting. we've got a bunch of surprises put together that will pop up unexectedly on the program, and at least one new title I can announce, NO PUBLICITY (1928), the first of the Edward Everett Horton silent short comedies produced by the Harold Lloyd Corporation. The films from this series we have shown at previous Slapsticons have been highlights of those Fests and I'm sure NO PUBLICITY will be one as well.

BTW, I also recommend that those planning to drive to Slapsticon and purchase Full Festival Passes buy those passes in advance, because that will guarantee you getting you IU Parking Passes as you drive into the Event and park. We'll have someone out there at the parking entrance handing those out to the ones who have their name on that list because they've bought Festival passes in advance and it may be a bit more complicated for those who drive up and their names are not on that list.

You can purchase Full Festival or Day Passes from the IU Cinema Website:

http://www.cinema.indiana.edu/?post_type=series&p=4385

Look forward to seeing you there, it looks like its gonna be a great Slapsticon!

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Slapsticon 2013 Nearly a Month Away!

Postby Gary Johnson » Tue May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

I just noticed Chase's GIRL SHOCK is on the agenda.
I've been trying to catch up with that short for some time. It reads like one of his more eccentric talkies.