LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS - new book on silent comedy

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Steve Massa
Capo

LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS - new book on silent comedy

Postby Steve Massa » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi guys
Wanted to announce that my book on silent comedy, LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE FORGOTTEN OF SILENT COMEDY, is now available on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Lame-Brains-Lunat ... teve+Massa

Devoted to unsung practitioners such as Billie Ritchie, Marcel Perez, Lige Conley, and George Rowe, with special focus on the neglected comediennes Alice Howell, Gale Henry, Fay Tincher, and Josie Sadler, detailed histories of silent comedy teams and kid's comedies are also offered. Popular icons such as Mack Sennett, Marie Dressler, Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, and W.C. Fields are re-examined, plus looks are taken at Charles Parrott's career as a director, Max Linder's forays to America, Al St John's solo comedies, and Max Davidson and his screen family.

The book also contains over 225 rare photos from the collections of Sam Gill, Robert Arkus, Bob Birchard, Louie Despres, Cole Johnson, Mark Johnson, Jim Kerkhoff, Bruce Lawton, and Steve Rydzewski, plus frame scans from one of a kind nitrate prints courtesy of Elif Rongen-Kaynakci and The Film Institute, Netherlands.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS - new book on silent comedy

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 am

This is obviously great news, and I look forward to reading your book Steve, many Mafiosi are finally getting their books out! This Summer looks like there will be much fine reading for Lovers of Classic Comedy.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Mon May 13, 2013 6:06 pm

LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS is also the title of my latest book.....about the George W. Bush administration.

Can I sue Massa for stealing my title?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:LAME BRAINS AND LUNATICS is also the title of my latest book.....about the George W. Bush administration.

Can I sue Massa for stealing my title?

Now you're just trying to get us to censor you. You know politics are outta bounds here (though it was a good line),

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard Warner

Postby Richard Warner » Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 am

The book is now up on Amazon UK too. Just ordered. What with this, Richard's new book and the Cinemuseum projects, it looks like I'm going to be happy for some time to come. Impoverished, but happy.

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 am

I suspect I'm not the only one who found this waiting under the Christmas tree. Thank you, Steve, for all the work you put into this. It is truly a gift. (Now look what you've done: It's only January, and I'm already getting itchy for Slapsticon.)