Need help with Taxi Boys comedy

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Louie Despres
Associate

Need help with Taxi Boys comedy

Postby Louie Despres » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey all,
I remember seeing a Taxi Boys comedy, possibly at Slapsticon, where Ben Blue gives someone the finger in it. I looked through my past Slapsticon books and could not find any info. What's the name of the short??

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Re: Need help with Taxi Boys comedy

Postby Joe Migliore » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:38 am

Hey, Louie...
I think the short you're looking for is TAXI BARONS; Ben and Billy are locked in fingercuffs while driving, and Ben manages to extricate his middle finger as the cop arrives, then proudly displays it to show he is unharmed. Actually, Billy does it first, but he still has the cuff wrapped around his digit. The cop says "Oh, a fresh guy!", and then Ben shoots him the bird.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:29 am

Joe Migliore wrote:Hey, Louie...
I think the short you're looking for is TAXI BARONS; Ben and Billy are locked in fingercuffs while driving, and Ben manages to extricate his middle finger as the cop arrives, then proudly displays it to show he is unharmed. Actually, Billy does it first, but he still has the cuff wrapped around his digit. The cop says "Oh, a fresh guy!", and then Ben shoots him the bird.

I think Joe is correct, and that's the last one we showed at Slapsticon. I wasn;t going to spoil the Holidays by digging it out and looking at Ben Blue.

Everyone should give Ben Blue the finger.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks guys, I remember seeing it at Slapsticon but couldn't remember the title.

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:23 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:
I wasn;t going to spoil the Holidays by digging it out and looking at Ben Blue. Everyone should give Ben Blue the finger.

Similar thoughts were dancing through my head. I desperately wanted to watch some Roach comedies, but decided to observe protocol wait until Christmas morning to unwrap the Max Davidson and Charley Chase DVDs that are taunting me from under the tree. After reading Louie's post, I thought The Taxi Boys might do the trick. Obviously, after twenty minutes of Ben Blue, I remembered why I don't spend more time watching The Taxi Boys. I wish they had stuck with Clyde Cook and Franklin Pangborn.