The True King Of Comedy

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: The True King Of Comedy

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:42 am

Andrew Sholl wrote:Richard - How many years before your Roach book comes out? A man can only live so long ;-)

Funny you should mention that Andrew, we're actually wrapping up the index and putting the final layout to bed as we speak, and I believe it should be out certainly in time for us to hock it at Slapsticon next year. A number of folk around these parts have seen the near-final layout (I was showing it off at various places we were at this Summer), and will attest to it's coolness. We're actually pretty deeply embroiled in Volume Two of our Trilogy on the Comedy Film Industry now, which will entail the story of Educational Pictures and all the Comedians and Comedy Producers associated with that studio, with a full filmography compiled by Sam Gill and Ourselves. This has been our big research work this last year in between working on the Sennett Collection for Paul, preparing the return of Slapsticon, and doing our regular festival gigs.

Say, speaking of which,what ever happened to your Snub Pollard book?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Andrew Sholl
Associate

Re: The True King Of Comedy

Postby Andrew Sholl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 am

Sign me up for volumes I and Ii. As for Snub, the project has morphed into something much more complex: the tale of how it was that the Pollard theatrical troupe became the springboard for more than half a dozen Hollywood careers. A trip to the States beckons in order to put the final pieces together and, hopefully, take in Slapsticon too.