Happy Thanksgiving!

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:21 am

Wishing you all in the mafia a very Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

Somewhere, someone should be showing, A BIRDS A BIRD (1915), PASS THE GRAVY (1928) and perhaps BRING HOME THE TURKEY (1927), but oddly enough, it won't be me.

Though we might be running THE GIANT CLAW (1957), thats always struck me as a prehistoric turkey's revenge for Thanksgiving.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Robert Arkus
Capo

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Robert Arkus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Postby Agnes McFadden » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 pm

A Very Happy Thanksgiving.

Richard, I know that you aren't a huge Lloyd fan, but the turkey on the trolley sequence in that one screams holiday almost as much as the later scenes of wanting to get rid of one's In-Laws.

Also, I asked for "The Max Davidson Collection" for Christmas. The package came from Germany yesterday.
"Pass The Gravy" is sitting on Hubby's desk & I have to wait a month!

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Agnes McFadden wrote:A Very Happy Thanksgiving.

Richard, I know that you aren't a huge Lloyd fan, but the turkey on the trolley sequence in that one screams holiday almost as much as the later scenes of wanting to get rid of one's In-Laws.

Agnes McFadden

Who the holy heck says I'm not much of a Lloyd fan? He may not be my favorite comedian, and I think a bit less of him the more I know of his private life, but for someone who's not much of a Lloyd fan, I've shelled out a hell of a lot of money for prints of his films over the years.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Postby Agnes McFadden » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Richard,

I am truly sorry & apologize for any offence given.
I never see much "Hooray For Harold" in our group outside of the McFadden clan.

I know that you have some HL one-reelers, & I have truly enjoyed every one that you have shared.

Being wrong about thinking someone didn't care much for Lloyd is something that I am quite happy to be wrong about.

I do hold to my assersion that the turkey & pain in the ass in-laws make "Hot Water" a great Thanksgiving tie-in.

I happily retract the rest & beg pardon.

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden