Who's seen Monty Banks' A Perfect Gentleman

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Dino Everett
Associate

Who's seen Monty Banks' A Perfect Gentleman

Postby Dino Everett » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:14 am

I am curious if anyone has seen the Monty Banks feature A Perfect Gentleman? I just watched my French 9.5mm print (aka Voleur malgré lui) which is 5 x 300ft in length and I think it clocked in around 70 minutes or so (I wasn't really keeping tabs) but I was curious if anyone was familiar enough with the film to see if my version is missing anything besides maybe a full opening title sequence.
perfectgentle.jpg
perfectgentle.jpg (153.54 KiB) Viewed 7641 times

Steve Massa
Capo

Re: Who's seen Monty Banks' A Perfect Gentleman

Postby Steve Massa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Dino
I have a video copy that I'll dig up and take a fresh look at. Monty's grandson Laird Banks lives in New York, and in the 90's he went to a Monty Banks festival in Italy where they gave him PAL copies of a huge number of Monty's films. A few years ago I worked out getting them transferred for him, so I got copies. It's been a while since I watched the film, but 70 minutes sounds like what I remember. Anyway, I'll check out the tape again and get back to you.

BTW, Happy New Year to everyone!

Dino Everett
Associate

Postby Dino Everett » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:14 pm

thanks steve and happy new year to you.

Joe Moore
Associate

Postby Joe Moore » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:27 am

Dino, A Perfect Gentleman was released at 6 rls (5,626 ft.) so your print sounds pretty complete.

Joe Moore