Wedding Party

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Wedding Party

Postby Mark A Anderson » Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Could anyone help me ID this picture. I believe the bride's mother is Mai Wells and father is Frank Hayes. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Wedding Scene2.jpg
Wedding Scene2.jpg (166.8 KiB) Viewed 13612 times

Steve Massa
Capo

Re: Wedding Party

Postby Steve Massa » Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Mark
I believe it is May Welles and Frank Hayes. The man on the left holding the bible looks like Josef Swickard in old age make-up. The woman standing in the background between the bride and May Welles is Billie Bennett, and the bride looks a bit like Mary Thurman, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Steve

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Tue May 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Guys, this looks like a 1916/17 Keystone.
I agree, Steve, that the minister is Swickard. And it is Mai Wells and Frank Hayes.
I wouldn't know Billie Bennett, but the bride is Claire Anderson.
Do we have a title for this, Mark, or a still number on front or back?
Welcome to the group, Mark!

SteveR

Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Postby Mark A Anderson » Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I have another still from this same movie. It has a couple different people in it, one who looks to be the groom's rival. I could post it but it seems my posting is way too big. I do not have a title for these stills.
Thanks for all the input.
Mark

Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Postby Mark A Anderson » Wed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Here is the other still. Hopefully I can download a smaller file.
Attachments
Wedding Scene.jpg
Wedding Scene.jpg (130.83 KiB) Viewed 13495 times

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 pm

I think this is from a 1917 Triangle Comedy (title unknown). In the second shot it's Harry Depp far right with the bow tie and straw hat, and Clarry Lyndon is the balding bearded man with thin glasses toward the right in both shots. And as has already been mentioned, Claire Anderson, Mai Wells, Frank Hayes, Josef Swickard and Billie Bennett. Harry Depp and Claire Anderson starred in a number of Triangle Comedies together (though it also I suppose could be a post-Sennett Keystone).

Mark, thanks so much for posting these stills! Here's an handy a suggestion on inserting images--you ought to sign up for a free account with Flickr or one of the free photo hosting accounts, then upload the photo and when you type your post, click "Img" above, then place the image URL between the [img] codes. That way it will put the image as a smaller image, and you can click it and it will open in a new browser page and get bigger, rather than as an attachment which crops and makes you scroll to see it all.

Brent

Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Postby Mark A Anderson » Fri May 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks again to everyone who gave me input.
Mark