Billy Bevan - Kickstarter

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
DaveGlass

Billy Bevan - Kickstarter

Postby DaveGlass » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Here we go again!

We're pleased to announce our next Kickstarter is featuring some of the best and rarest Mack Sennett comedies starring Billy Bevan.

Promo video and other details here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... tor_launch

Fingers crossed!

The Daves (Glass & Wyatt)

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: Billy Bevan - Kickstarter

Postby Ed Watz » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:33 pm

Dave,

I received my Billy Bevan set the other day and already watched it twice. It's a magnificent labor of love, all the more precious when one realizes how much work went into piecing together what others had cut apart and repackaged. Thanks to you and Dave Wyatt, and all those historians, collectors, archivists and accompanists who contributed. Brent Walker's Bevan biography is terrific, and the reminiscences of Billy's grandchildren was icing on the cake. And I'll admit, that gentle piano playing of Youngson's Chopin theme brought a lump to my throat.

Magnificent work all around! Thank you again!
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 am

Thank you very much Ed.
Your kind comments mean a lot.

Whilst they didn't quite bring a lump to my throat, they certainly made me blush!

All the Billy best,

Dave

Tommie Hicks
Capo

Postby Tommie Hicks » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:30 pm

Thank you you Daves for this wonderful disc. Usually when you guys release a disc I quote Oliver Twist. There was so much material on these discs and obvious long stretches on the computer video restoration programs you two must be exhausted. Thank you guys for providing me with silent film comedy I have never seen before.

Uli Ruedel
Capo

Postby Uli Ruedel » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:10 am

A few films in, I concur that this is one marvelous D&D production, and ON PATROL in now firmly amongst my all time favorites!
The only thing even funnier than the Bevans are the Kickstarter videos :-). Great job, Dave and Dave, thanks so much!!

Uli

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:17 pm

Thank you Tommie and Uli.
It's nice to know our efforts are appreciated.

Viva Billy!