PATHFINDERS: MACK SENNETT A RIOT OF DISORDER (1964)

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

PATHFINDERS: MACK SENNETT A RIOT OF DISORDER (1964)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Amazing NET show with an interview with Andy Clyde, Chester Conklin, Del Lord, and Kathryn McGuire:

https://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb ... -hRkjACNKQ

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Re: PATHFINDERS: MACK SENNETT A RIOT OF DISORDER (1964)

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:10 am

WOW. Thanks so much for finding and posting this footage, Richard!

The old stars look and talk so well and Kathryn McGuire looks great 40 years later.

Wish there was more of this stuff. Thank you!

- SteveR

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 am

Thanks Steve, thought we'd get a "WOW" out of you. No great new tidbits of information, but it is nice to see them all looking well and talking kindly about Sennett.

I thought Kathryn McGuire had indeed aged rather gracefully, I just wish she had been given more time to talk. I was sure she'd be asked about being a Sennett Bathing Beauty, but it didn't come up, much less anything about working with Keaton or Lupino Lane.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

William Ferry
Cugine

Postby William Ferry » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

Its always fun, and somewhat bittersweet, to see and hear silent stars reminisce. They have great stories, obviously enjoyed their work, and it's sad to think they're all gone.

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Yes, I enjoyed that show, Richard.

I also wish Kathryn had more to say; almost seems as if she was even ignored on the panel. She did age gracefully.

Great hearing from Chester, Andy, and Del, and I only wish there was more. Maybe there were even others who were a bit camera shy or they just couldn't squeeze in in a half-hour show.

Again, thanks so much for the 'heads-up,' this would be great for posterity on our friend Paul's next Sennett DVD.

- S

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi all. Haven't been on here in a while (had to remember my password), but wanted to comment on this.

Pretty amazing footage, and yeah--wish it was longer. Great to see Kathryn McGuire, and even hear her commenting on the movie Tom Jones!

Also very nice to see/hear Del Lord interviewed, and some great recollections by him and interplay with Clyde. Walter Klintberg was the stunt driver who died in a 1916 auto accident (non-film-related). Everything seemed very factual based on my research. Then suddenly when they talk about pie-throwing, they jump to the Father Goose/King of Comedy myth stuff, with Mabel and Turpin having a pie-fight together!

Brent Walker