Larry Semon DVDs

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Tommie Hicks
Capo

Re: Larry Semon DVDs

Postby Tommie Hicks » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:02 am

Does anyone know what happened to Rohauer's collection of Semon films? I seem to remember he had most of the Vitagraph two-reelers. I would love to have THE AGENT on bluray.

@David P.: Is buying a region 1 bluray player from Amazon US an option? Will American bluray players operate with British home electricity? I am thinking of buying a region two player from UK amazon for my British blurays if the British bluray player can operate with US home electricity. I recently went to buy a "region free" player only to find out that no bluray ray manufacturer makes "region free" players. "Region free" players are region coded players hacked by a third party to play all regions which is a bit sketchy for me. Has anyone had good experiences with hacked "region free" players?

Simon Myers

Re: Larry Semon DVDs

Postby Simon Myers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Tommie

The Rohauer's collection of Semon films is on deposit with the Library of Congress. Legal ownership of them has passed to the Cohen Media Group.

Simon