ARTE: Reel 2 THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY online

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Ed Watz
Associate

ARTE: Reel 2 THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY online

Postby Ed Watz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:29 am

My friend Richard Siedhoff advised me that the ARTE channel has a link to Filmmuseum München's reconstruction of THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY, which includes the entire reel two pie fight. The film won't be online for long so if you haven't seen it yet and can't wait for the DVD release, you'd better catch it now:

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/021938-00 ... rhunderts/
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Elliot L. Hearst

Re: ARTE: Reel 2 THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY online

Postby Elliot L. Hearst » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 pm

It says the video "is not available in your country," that being the United States.

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: ARTE: Reel 2 THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY online

Postby Ed Watz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:36 am

Sorry to hear that you cannot access BATTLE from the States.

But I have received thank-you emails from friends in the US who have watched the link.

Based on what you say, I presume some US viewers are using a VPN service or web proxy that hides your location.

I'm not endorsing any of these services but I know from experience they work just fine.

Or, you can just choose to wait and buy the DVD set with BATTLE when it eventually becomes available. I always buy the films I want even if I could download a free copy elsewhere, it's the best way to ensure that the kind of movies we enjoy continue being restored and distributed to a wider audience. And that's my take on it.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)