Henry Lehrman Podcast

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Henry Lehrman Podcast

Postby Thomas Reeder » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 am

I realize that NitrateVille has a shaky reputation among some of the SilentComedyMafia’s members, but for those of you who are interested in hearing more about Henry Lehrman, Mike Gebert just posted his interview with me discussing my book, MR. SUICIDE: HENRY "PATHE" LEHRMAN AND THE BIRTH OF SILENT COMEDY. Mike has taken over where Frank Thompson left off with the latter’s Commentary Track podcasts, which unfortunately are no longer accessible. I hope that Frank is back up and running sometime soon, but in the meantime Mike Gebert’s interviews are a nice replacement. You can listen to the Lehrman podcast here at NitrateVille Radio:

http://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25114

Also included in this episode are interviews with Lokke Heiss about the 2017 Pordenone Silent film festival, and Robert S. Bader about his book, FOUR OF THE THREE MUSKETEERS, which documents the early vaudeville careers of the Marx Brothers.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Henry Lehrman Podcast

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Gebert's replaced nothing, and his whiny, smarmy and boring voice coupled with lack of genuine film knowledge couldn't touch Frank Thompson any day of the year.

And I may add, THE COMMENTARY TRACK is back:

http://thecommentarytrack.com/

The old episodes are all there, and new ones coming soon.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Re: Henry Lehrman Podcast

Postby Thomas Reeder » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:19 pm

That's great news about Frank's return. Now I can re-download all those old podcasts and save them this time ... just in case! I look forward to all his future interviews, and revisiting the old ones.