MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOLUME ONE on sale at Amazon

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOLUME ONE on sale at Amazon

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Hey Gang,

Just in case you are one of those who still never bought the Cinemuseum LLC MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOLUME ONE from Flicker Alley, realize that Amazon has it on sale now for just $32.68:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JSC8BMU/re ... b400b686_S

That's as low as I've seen new copies going for, grab it while you can.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOLUME ONE on sale at Amazon

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:59 am

Thanks, Richard, I shared your message on FaceBook as well. This might be the last good chance to find this collection anywhere. I imagine that when the supply is exhausted and Sennett Volume Two arrives we'll still have people asking, "How can I get Volume One?" (Just like some folks who missed out on your terrific Hal Roach book, who have written and asked me if I have a spare copy.)
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 am

Ed Watz wrote:Thanks, Richard, I shared your message on FaceBook as well. This might be the last good chance to find this collection anywhere. I imagine that when the supply is exhausted and Sennett Volume Two arrives we'll still have people asking, "How can I get Volume One?" (Just like some folks who missed out on your terrific Hal Roach book, who have written and asked me if I have a spare copy.)

One should never assume that these sort of releases will be available forever, they seldomly are.

Heck, I told folk my book was a limited release, and when copies were getting low, those folk who missed out just never get the message.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rift Corbitt

Postby Rift Corbitt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for posting the low price link last month. I picked up 2 additional copies for gift purposes. In my opinion this represents the finest Blu-ray silent collection ever issued and shows how great 90-100 year old films can be when presented properly on a medium that can handle it. Not to mention they are truly fun to watch when run at "proper" speed. Can't wait for V2

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:15 pm

You're welcome Rift, thank you for the support of the set.

It looks like we did get the word out, and that Amazon sold a number of sets at the good discount price, but it also appears that Flicker Alley in their perennial wisdom has now raised the price of the set back to $45.16, once again putting the kibosh on the flutter of activity.

RICHARD M ROBERTS