TIME FLIES (1926) Lupino Lane

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

TIME FLIES (1926) Lupino Lane

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:43 am

Here's a fun Lupino Lane comedy, released by Educational Pictures February 7, 1926, directed by Jess Robbins, featuring Lupino Lane with brother Wallace Lupino, Virginia Vance, Gwen Lee, and Otto Fries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYZgAwZkkqI

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: TIME FLIES (1926) Lupino Lane

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Erwin Dumbrille had a beautiful print of this film. Back in 1979 I was at Erwin's home when he ran it with Jack, Jules and Sam White in attendance, along with Mabel Langdon and Raymond Rohauer. Jack in particular was thrilled to see it again.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Jim Roots

Postby Jim Roots » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:51 am

Ed Watz wrote:Erwin Dumbrille had a beautiful print of this film. Back in 1979 I was at Erwin's home when he ran it with Jack, Jules and Sam White in attendance, along with Mabel Langdon and Raymond Rohauer. Jack in particular was thrilled to see it again.

Did Rohauer claim copyright and run out the door with it?

Jim
When you're surrounded by vultures, playing dead is not a good strategy.

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:54 am

Jim Roots wrote:
Ed Watz wrote:Erwin Dumbrille had a beautiful print of this film. Back in 1979 I was at Erwin's home when he ran it with Jack, Jules and Sam White in attendance, along with Mabel Langdon and Raymond Rohauer. Jack in particular was thrilled to see it again.

Did Rohauer claim copyright and run out the door with it?

Jim

That didn't happen, because Jules White eye-poked Rohauer before he got to the door. Sam White then put the red ants down RR's pants while Jack White whacked him with the ball-peen hammer. But it was that goldfish bowl on Rohauer's head that really did him in.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)