The Lost Laugh: E-Zine and Blog

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Rob Farr
Godfather

The Lost Laugh: E-Zine and Blog

Postby Rob Farr » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:26 am

Some of you may be subscribed to the free e-zine, Movie Night, which discusses many of our favorite comedians. It's new name is The Lost Laugh and while the e-zine will continue to be published quarterly, you can read new blog entries and get back issues of Movie Night here: www.thelostlaugh.com
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: The Lost Laugh: E-Zine and Blog

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:48 pm

You know, one does weary of these bright young bloggies opining rhapsodaisically about their "discovery" that no one else knows about that we've been looking at for decades, but the writing here is better than most, and maybe they're actually introducing the stuff to other bright young bloggies who haven't a clue, so I guess it's a good thing.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Tommie Hicks
Capo

Postby Tommie Hicks » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am

From this blog I have learned that MONSIUER DON'T CARE has finally turned up. All of Stan Laurel's Rock comedies all seem to exist now.

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 am

Hi Tommie - MONSIEUR was found at the Cineteca Nazionale in Rome (along with the 1920 Aubrey / Hardy MAIDS AND MUSLIN). Both were recently shown in MoMA's TO SAVE AND PROJECT festival, with MONSIEUR being about 7 minutes of chunks, which includes one early example of what would become a Hal Roach bottomless mud puddle.