The Charley Chase Scrapbook published today

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Ed Watz
Associate

The Charley Chase Scrapbook published today

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:48 am

ccsb (1).jpg
ccsb (1).jpg (78.58 KiB) Viewed 10805 times

Today, on the anniversary of his birth, Brian Anthony and Bill Walker published THE CHARLEY CHASE SCRAPBOOK - a celebration of the life and career of one of our favorite comedians. I just received my copy and must tell you it's a must-have acquisition for Mafia members' home library. Included in this large format (11 1/2' x 8 3/4") book are hundreds of family photos, personal correspondence, posters, stills and more, many reproduced from Charley's personal scrapbook. Available exclusively from this website: http://www.anthonyrestorations.com
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Re: The Charley Chase Scrapbook published today

Postby Joe Migliore » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks for posting the link, Ed. (My wife keeps asking me what I want for Christmas.)

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:52 am

Joe Migliore wrote:Thanks for posting the link, Ed. (My wife keeps asking me what I want for Christmas.)

Glad to share the good news, Joe. As I just posted on Facebook -- between this Charley Chase Scrapbook, Brian's Chase biography SMILE WHEN THE RAINDROPS FALL, and Richard's superb analysis of Charley's film career in SMILEAGE GUARANTEED, all aspects of Charley Chase have now been fully covered. Three essential books -- together I'd say they comprise the "Last Word" on the man and his body of work.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

Ordered!
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Ed Watz
Associate

The Charley Chase Scrapbook now on Amazon

Postby Ed Watz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:16 am

Amazon has now begun selling new copies of THE CHARLEY CHASE SCRAPBOOK, which was initially published by Walker & Anthony Books about a year ago. If you somehow missed purchasing the book back then, it's definitely worth getting -- an invaluable look into Charley's personal memorabilia, with many beautifully reproduced color images.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Charley-Chase-Scrapbook-Bill-Walker/dp/0989745759/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1485335629&sr=1-1&keywords=charley+chase+scrapbook