Hallroom Boys Book

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Dino Everett
Associate

Hallroom Boys Book

Postby Dino Everett » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 pm

OK, so this past week (and Bob Birchard's Monty Banks book) cemented the idea to finally take all my notes, and crap and do a small Hallroom Boys book...I mean people love them as much as Monty Banks right? I love them......

My request is for anyone who has stills, old notes, old vids I might not have to let me borrow them..

I am especially looking for Pick and Puck films (I know there were some on 8mm) I don't need to own any of this stuff, just need to see it, and in regards to pictures you can send me watermarked ones at first and if we want to use them we can work it out with you later if you are concerned with the material being spread around. I may just upload it all to the Silent Film Hall of Fame cuz that guy is doing a great job for all of us.....

I figure this will be a huge seller so anyone who donates something to the project will be rewarded handsomely with money and riches...Oh wait, Hallroom Boys maybe just some recognition......

Please help a nine-fivers' dream come true ,and give today....you can email my work address at deverett - at - cinema dot usc dot edu .....I never can remember if it is safe or not to put your email in forum posts...

I have carefully embedded 3 smart ass remarks in this post, please choose them wisely.....

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Re: Hallroom Boys Book

Postby Joe Migliore » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 pm

This is welcome news! My breath is already bated. (Usually it's only horrific.)

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Can't wait, Dino. BTW, did we determine the name of the Hallroom Boys comedy we saw at Mostly Lost with the second reel set in the Lehrman Studios ending with the boys being incinerated by nitrate film? Does it exist outside of the Cinematheque Francaise?
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Rob, if it helps, I heard from Robert Kiss it was MOVIE MADNESS.
Dino, I'm so pleased you're endeavoring to do the Hall Room Boys justice.
Although I'm sure you have all of the 9.5 releases already, I have access to most of them, so if I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Dave

Dino Everett
Associate

Postby Dino Everett » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Rob, yes Movie Madness was the one we saw, and so far it looks like only Cinematheque Francais, but remember 50 % of all unidentified films are actually Hallroom Boys films....

Dave yes I have all of the 9.5mm ones which is where I grew to love them all those years ago....Still wanna find those Pick and Pucks....