Madeline Hurlock Like You've Never Seen Her!

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Jim Kerkhoff
Capo

Madeline Hurlock Like You've Never Seen Her!

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 pm

YowZaa!! Just came across this vintage Madeline Hurlock photo on ebay! Rather than post it, I'll let you go to the link and see it for yourself! Humma, humma ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-EROTIC-MADELIN ... 286.c0.m14

Jim K

Chris Snowden
Associate

Re: Madeline Hurlock Like You've Never Seen Her!

Postby Chris Snowden » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Any Sennett authorities want to chime in on whether that's really her? I think it is.

I'm just a little cautious about this seller's photos. They list some beautiful stills, but I don't think they're film buffs; if a photo doesn't have the subject's name written on the back, they don't always know who it is. One of their photos was listed as being Edna Marion, but it was actually of Edna May Oliver! Another one was listed as Lil Dagover, but was actually Marguerite de la Motte.

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 am

Hello Jim and Chris...
I've actually been bidding on this. It's definitely Madeline Hurlock's head superimposed on Marion Bryon's body. WHAT? LOL
It's so weird to see this much Madeline Hurlock. I think this was probably taken before she joined Sennett.
And she looks so gone in this pic. What was she smoking? What was she thinking??? What a vamp!
Wonder if, back in the day, any of the Sennett gang ever saw this one... SCHEEZ!

SteveR

Chris Snowden
Associate

Postby Chris Snowden » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Sam Gill says that the Sennett Collection at the Academy originally included a photo album consisting entirely of risque photos of Sennett girls. He said that the Academy removed the photos and put them in the girls' individual files. How many of those photos are still there is anyone's guess.

Maybe this photo is a duplicate of one from that collection? To me, the odd thing about it is that she doesn't seem to be wearing any make-up, or not much, compared to the other (and tamer) glamour photos of hers I've seen.