HER FIRST KISS (1919) Fox Sunshine Comedy

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

HER FIRST KISS (1919) Fox Sunshine Comedy

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:50 am

Again, transferred to damn slow, but here's a Sunshine Comedy with Slim Summerville and Ethel Teare:

http://www.filmpreservation.org/preserv ... -kiss-1919

It's getting pretty bad when the Library of Congress is transferring films like MOONLIGHT NIGHTS , a poor little 1925 Rayart Comedy that needs all the help it can get at 16 comedy-killing frames per second. I though Rob Stone and gang over there knew better than that:

http://www.filmpreservation.org/preserv ... nights-rev

Sad.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rob Stone
Associate

Re: HER FIRST KISS (1919) Fox Sunshine Comedy

Postby Rob Stone » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Please note that the website being sourced is the National Film Preservation Foundation and NOT the Library of Congress. Transfers on the NFPF site are done by the NFPF and not by LC.

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Department stores no longer have cannon and missile departments. Homemade doughnuts, fresh milk and eggs from your own cows and chickens. Different times indeed.

I recognised Tom Kennedy in the Restaurant scene.

Pasquale

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Rob Stone wrote:Please note that the website being sourced is the National Film Preservation Foundation and NOT the Library of Congress. Transfers on the NFPF site are done by the NFPF and not by LC.

That's interesting, because when I wrote and complained to Annette Melville at the NFPF, she told me that the film speed decisions were made by the Archives, not the NFPF. Just where is this buck gonna stop?

RICHARD M ROBERTS