David Wyatt RIP

No one lives forever -- except, perhaps, Shirley MacLaine. This is where we ring down the final curtain for Filmdom's finest.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

David Wyatt RIP

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:55 pm

Very sad news to awaken to this morning as my old friend and fellow collector across the pond David Wyatt apparently passed away very suddenly in the last day or so. He and David Glass made up the two Davids who have put out some lovely DVD releases of Lloyd Hamilton, Lupino Lane and Billy Bevan of recent. I had last seen him face to face when we had him over as a guest at the 2013 Slapsticon. We send condolences to David's family and friends, as one more worthwhile member of our shrinking community thins the herd.

Rest in Peace David.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: David Wyatt RIP

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:21 am

I am so sorry to hear this. Condolences to David's family, friends, and to Dave Glass. We are all that much poorer today.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Simon Myers

Postby Simon Myers » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:54 am

I am shocked to hear this news. I first met David in the 1990s and got to know him quite well. He and I exchanged several films on video/DVD. I last met him at the Cinema Museum in August 2022. I will miss him greatly.

Simon Myers

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:28 pm

David will be much missed. Besides the work he did on the D&D label that Richard referenced above, he was an important collaborator on many, many books on film comedy. He had the knack for finding the rarest gems, many in 9.5mm. He was the discoverer of the 107th Laurel & Hardy film, Now I’ll Tell One, at the BFI. He also worked with Kevin Brownlow on many of his Thames documentaries, going all the way back to the Hollywood series.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx