Pigmeat Markham on THE TONIGHT SHOW (1968)

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Pigmeat Markham on THE TONIGHT SHOW (1968)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:25 am

Go to the 1:07:06 point of this rare TONIGHT SHOW from June 19, 1968 and you'll see an appearance from Pigmeat Markham, who invented the "Here Comes the Judge" line that was revived on LAUGH-IN that year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7QVHhn7wk&t=4323s

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Geoff Lucas
Cugine

Re: Pigmeat Markham on THE TONIGHT SHOW (1968)

Postby Geoff Lucas » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm

I just saw this the other day. When I clicked the link, I had no idea who the guests would be. What a nice surprise. I was happy that Carson gave him so much camera time. It was a treat to see him perform twice as well as give an interview. I have a couple of his albums. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing Richard.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Pigmeat Markham on THE TONIGHT SHOW (1968)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:20 pm

You're welcome Geoff, same thing happened with me, it's nice seeing some really vintage TONIGHT SHOW's turning up of late on Youtube, and I caught this one also not knowing who was on it, but it was a nice chunk of time with Mr. Markham and it was great seeing him do one of his vaudeville routines. He had a nice little career revival there in the late sixties thanks to Sammy Davis Jr. reviving Markham's "Here Comes the Judge" routine, and since there is so little surviving footage on him, this is a happy find.

RICHARD M ROBERTS