The Blackboard Bungle on Fractured Flickers

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Maurice Terenzio
Associate

The Blackboard Bungle on Fractured Flickers

Postby Maurice Terenzio » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 pm

I am searching for the answer to a question that I have been posing for 56 years. The Blackboard Bungle was a segment on episode 10 of the television series Fractured Flickers first aired in 1963. I recognized one of the actors in the segment as Gino Corrado. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the other actors. I have always wondered as to the title of the flicker that was fractured in this segment. Can anyone enlighten me?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: The Blackboard Bungle on Fractured Flickers

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Maurice Terenzio wrote:I am searching for the answer to a question that I have been posing for 56 years. The Blackboard Bungle was a segment on episode 10 of the television series Fractured Flickers first aired in 1963. I recognized one of the actors in the segment as Gino Corrado. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the other actors. I have always wondered as to the title of the flicker that was fractured in this segment. Can anyone enlighten me?

That's a film called NEVER TOO LATE (1925) starring Francis X. Bushman Jr. (the one who's doing all the climbing) and featuring Harriet Loweree as the damsel in distress, Gino Corrado as the evil Count Gaston La Rue who kidnaps her and takes her to his den of smugglers and Oriental torture guys (you think that guy just stood on call behind the panel having a cigarette until they buzzed him to stand and look menacing?). It's one of the state-rights features Bushman Jr. made in the mid-20's for Goodwill Pictures, MIDNIGHT FACES (1926) is another one that survives and circulates.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Maurice Terenzio
Associate

Re: The Blackboard Bungle on Fractured Flickers

Postby Maurice Terenzio » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Thank you ever so Richard. I am beholden to you.