Ron Hutchison passes away

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Ron Hutchison passes away

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:28 pm

This is truly sad and horrible news, Ron Hutchison of The Vitaphone Project has passed away today. He was one of the major forces in film preservation with the Vitaphone Project and a genuinely nice man, and our community suffers a terrible loss from his passing.

It was due to his diligent efforts that many early sound films have returned to view with soundtracks reattached, he was one of the folk who got things done, without huge personal crowing or ego-boo, he cared about the films and just wanted them to be seen again.

Our condolences to his Family and friends, and our hope is that there are worthy people around to pick up the torch and continue the good work.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: Ron Hutchison passes away

Postby Louie Despres » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Ron was a dear friend and one of the first ones who encouraged me in my research into the life and career of El Brendel. A terrible loss.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Here's Leonard Maltin's memorial tribute to Ron:

http://leonardmaltin.com/farewell-to-vi ... good-guys/

And I notice that Nitwitvile has removed Ron's picture from it's masthead this morning, he didn't even get a week, typical Nitrateville tackiness.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:32 pm

Some speech was scheduled for last night, but instead of watching it, I decided to pay tribute to Ron by watching one of his Vitaphone discs. I think he'd approve.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx