WHEN THE WEST WAS YOUNG (1913) Vitagraph Drama

So you want to discuss silent drama, science fiction, horror, noir, mystery and other NON-COMEDY films? Look no further, this is the place.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

WHEN THE WEST WAS YOUNG (1913) Vitagraph Drama

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:10 am

Speaking of interesting early depictions of the Indian, here's a Vitagraph Drama that does just what we were speaking about Mr. Johnson, released September 29, 1913, directed by William J. Bauman, and featuring George Holt as Black Hawk, George Stanley as Tom Bowles, and gives us a rare look at the legendary Maxine Elliot, Broadway actress who had a Broadway Theater named after her, as Tom Bowles daughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWjrSkQRXc

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: WHEN THE WEST WAS YOUNG (1913) Vitagraph Drama

Postby Gary Johnson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:40 am

I watched this last week. Another downbeat ending. The ending is choppy from missing frames but it's obvious that the Calvary guns down the girl's Indian protector right at the iris. That's the reason I never get involved in rescue operations out on the prairie.

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: WHEN THE WEST WAS YOUNG (1913) Vitagraph Drama

Postby Louie Despres » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:39 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:I watched this last week. Another downbeat ending. The ending is choppy from missing frames but it's obvious that the Calvary guns down the girl's Indian protector right at the iris. That's the reason I never get involved in rescue operations out on the prairie.

Well, thanks for ruining it for those who haven't watched it yet.