I remember seeing one of these in a book (I don't recall which book) way too many years ago: Clayton (Or was it Jackson?) asks Durante, "Jimmy, do you file your nails"?
" No, I just cuts 'em off and t'rows 'em away"!
Search found 64 matches
- Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 pm
- Forum: SOUND COMEDY MAIN
- Topic: "Broadway" comic strips: Clayton,Jackson & Durante
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1061
- Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:00 am
- Forum: SILENT MOVIE MAIN
- Topic: LE VOYAGE SUR JUPITER (1909) Segundo de Chomon
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2666
It was a nice change to have the opening scenes set in a real castle, rather than be entirely studio-bound.
- Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:41 pm
- Forum: Research Archive
- Topic: Blackhawk Bulletins Online
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7851
Was there ever a thrill to match the arrival of a new Blackhawk Bulletin in the mail? As a teen in the early '70's, the thrill was only matched by the sorrow of picking the ONE film I could afford to buy; although, my dad would often surprise me for Christmas by purchasing the three "nationally...
- Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am
- Forum: SILENT COMEDY MAIN
- Topic: Dealing With Fan Mail.....
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2970
Having been on the firing end of criticism myself (albeit generally not regarding writing about film), I find this kind of writing very therapeutic. One of my pet expressions is "Life is too short to be miserable". Richard, as the old saying goes, you've probably forgotten more about silen...
- Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm
- Forum: Books, DVDs, Broadcasts & Screenings
- Topic: Super Secret Discount Code for Mack Sennett Vol. 1
- Replies: 1
- Views: 8222
For those of you who don't have it yet, I can't recommend it highly enough. Grab it now, it'll be fun prep work for the forthcoming Volume Two. The films look great, the scores are entertaining, and the commentaries are very worthwhile. I can't get over how the Sennett comedies improved from 1916 on...